August 18, 2012

Late Summer Fun at Tilda's Town

Hi there Everyone!!!

Well what a week I've had, a few toooo many drama's happening at the new house but we have managed to sort most of them out - thank goodness talk about massive headaches!!!  Not long to go now before we move in - just a couple of weeks !!!! OMGOSH so exicited!!

This week at Tilda's Town the Theme is Late Summer Fun.... I love summer and I can;t wait for it to arrive, lucky winter is almost over for us here in Tassie - the past couple of weeks has been freezing with lots of snow in the high country!!

I've used Hooked Tilda and the Rescue Tower for my card.... my image had a little bit of a disaster strike by the hands of darling Ruby... omg so crapped off.... you can scroll down below to see the hole she put in the back ground... but after a few suggestions from my friends on Facebook - I took Lovely Jane's advise and this is the outcome.... hope you love it as much as me LOL 


So this is what she did.... I had it all ready to stick onto my card when she has run off with - while I was on the phone and stabbed it with the scissors.... I guess she was forcing me to be a little more creative today!!! I had a few cool suggestions on Facebook on how to fix it, one was to stick a fish on over the top of the hole.... that was a good one and one I had thought of myself!!! ButJane suggested that I cut her out, stamp Tilda again on another peice of paper and then place my cutout on over the top so that I would still have the fishing line and without a hole... so that's what I did.... I guess it's like a 1 layer Paper Tole hahahahahahah Thanks Jane for saving the day!! And the fish charm does look pretty cool too!!! Thanks girls:-)


So there is my card for this week.... Hope you will come along and play with us - we love seeing all your gorgeous creations which inspire us all so much!!!

Stamps: Magnolia Hooked Tilda, Rescue Tower
Paper: Magnolia
Embellishments: Lace, Seam Binding, Flowers, Fish Charm, Pearls and Bling, Sewing Machine, Chalk, Stickles, String, Anchor Charm
Colour: Copic!!

10 comments:

  1. Such a fun card! Love the fish charm, great image and pearl/bling details. :)

    Hugs, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe!! Hope Ruby has been forgiven now bless her lol!! It looks amazing hunni!! I love the fish charm - great idea and the colours are really gorgeous - so glad you could rescue your gorgeous image! hugs, Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Karen, I love the image and the great save...fabulous colouring.I love the charms too..fabulous.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card, Karen! Awesome coloring and such a lovely scene! Love how you used the charms! Wishing you a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Karen!
    Hugs
    Cordine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is magnificent - and I think people always appreciate hearing "patch up" stories from masters like you and Jane - am sure that trick will come on handy for many of us - LOL
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card Karen, as usual ! love the cute little scene and gorgeous charm!
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning creation!! LOVE the colour combo and the embellishments you've used to accent your design.
    Hugs
    Nancie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Karen! So cute and I love the fish charm...great idea! Lovely card :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks wonderful! You fixed it perfectly you would never know the story behind the gorgeous card!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment - I really do appreciate it:-)