April 10, 2011

Magnolia Down Under Challenge #91

Hey Magnolia People!!

It's time for a brand new challenge at Magnolia Down Under, and this week we are challenging you to make your own patterned paper!!  So its time to break out those background stamps, shimmers and what not's and see what you can come up with!!

For my paper - I used very vanilla card stock from Stampin' Up because its lovely to stamp on, I then used my new Life Defined Background stamp from Whimsy and stamped in Antique Linen Distress Ink!! I then grabbed out the Perfect Pearls - blush and brushed that all over - so it has a pink shimmer to it - it looks really pretty in real life and its a bit hard to get a good picture of it!!  I then got out a stamp set from Stampin' Up and put the birdcage and bird on.  I wish I had used the softer pink for the bird in birdcage, but oh well - too late!! But I guess it looks ok!! I also got some Prismacolour Pencils while I was away last week in Melbourne, I'm having a little trouble tracking down some "Odorless Solvent" so I used some smelly Gum Turps instead hahaha, but the Art shop in Launceston has the proper solvent so I guess I'll have to wait till we next go up there so I can get some!!  Oh I used my pencils to colour the grass...

So anyway here is my card, I'm pretty happy with how my "paper" turned out.  Plus it was heaps of fun creating my own for a change!!  I hope you will have heaps of fun too making your own:-)


Some Challenges I would Love to enter my card into:

Really Reasonable Ribbon - Dies/Punches/Ribbon
Craft your Passion - Anything Goes
Polly Craft - Old/Neglected Stamps - My Birdcage Stamp
Crazy for Challenges - Brown/Green/Vanilla
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes

Stamps: Magnolia Butterfly Dreams - Tilda with Lace Jeans, Tulip Walkway, and Sentiment.  Whimsy Life Defined Background Stamp and Stampin' Up Aviary Stamp Set
Paper: Kraft, Very Vanilla
Embellishments: Gold Embossing Powder, Perfect Pearls Powder, Stickles, Flowers, Prima Gold Leaf, Ribbon, Whiff of Joy Button String, Stampin' Up Bird/Branch Punch, Websters Lace, Half Pearls and Bling
Colour: Copic and Prismacolour Pencils

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Oh WOW Karen Your KDP'S (Karen's DP'S) are stunning xxxx Just love them xxx
    love Debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You card is amazing hun! LOVE your paper - especially the birdcage!! Gorgeous design too! and Snap!! I just got some prismacolor pencils too LOL! having great fun practicing with them! hugs, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Karen this is gorgeous and you did a fabulous job of making your own background!! I also like how pink you made the bird. Any less pink and you may not have seen it .... unless maybe that's what you wanted? Well whatever it looks fabulous!! Gorgeous flowers & great bow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so gorgeous!!! I like the background! So spring!
    Greets Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen, thank you for entering into our design team call over on Anything goes challenge blog
    Good luck
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous, I love the birdcage & bird they go just perfectly with Tilda!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a gorgeous card Karen!!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi again Karen just came by again. Wonderful card love all those gorgeous details. thank you for joining us at Anything goes Hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, lovely design and embellishments. Thank you for joining us at Pollycraft this week. Good luck.
    Suzi Gdt

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment - I really do appreciate it:-)