April 6, 2018

Mermaid Of The Deep

Hi Everyone

Here is my latest video.  Today I have used my Dina Wakley Journal and some water colours.....


The water colour paper in Dina's journal is cotton rag, and when you wet it the colour seems to flow through to the other side.... it can make a bit of a mess.  So to help solve this problem I have used a water colour ground.... or in my case a primer. (same thing I think) there are loads about, but I do think the Daniel Smith Water colour ground is probably the one of the best out there.

Anyway so I've used my water colour primer from Cosmic Shimmer... this just covers the page with some tooth and also seals so none of the colour or water seeps back into the page and then it won't wreak any other work that you may have done.

Here are some pictures of the work a bit closer in detail....


Amazing what you can do with some Collage paper.... I really am not great at drawing... but I did manage the tail okay!!


The full page in my Journal....  


So here is the list of what I used...

Dina Wakley Art Journal - Large
Cosmic Shimmer Water colour primer
Jane Davenport Bright water colour palette
Jane Davenport Aqua pastels
Jane Davenport Collage Paper - set 2
Jane Davenport Stamps
Jane Davenport Inkcredible Inks.... I've popped them into a colorbox stamp pad...
Golden Paint and Air Brush Medium
Jane Davenport Medium
Jane Davenport Epic Pen.... (Carbon ink pen it's water proof)

I think that's it!! Just about everything I have used is available at Bev's Cross Crafts in Tasmania!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment - I really do appreciate it:-)