April 25, 2018

Art Journal Cover

Hi There Everyone

Ive made yet another Art Journal Cover.... I really do enjoy making these, they really are so much fun... I do have a few more planned, and hopefully one will even become a class that I will teach at my work... Bev's Cross Crafts.... well see!!

So for my Journal I have used, Stone Paper. Stone paper is a great product... 100% tree free so it is environmentally friendly.  Its also rip and tear resistant, you can also put it in the washing machine!!

For my Journal I have used Jane Davenport Collage Paper - I just love the colours and the images... They are beautiful.


After I glued my paper down I have used some yummy Prima Metallic Paints.... so pretty and the gold is called Ginger Sparks.  I've just rubbed that on with my finger all over the cover front and back and the middle.

The heavy gloss on the front is from Stamperia.... its high gloss.  But when I put it on my cover it did pick up a bit of the Mermaid Marker that I had used.... I did expect that, but I didn't think it would give a cloudy look.

Here is the middle....


I've also used a couple of Tim Holtz Stamps, just to add a little more interest...

This is the back....


The Being Creative Stamp is from Dark Room Door.....  and again I have just filled in the blank spaces with my paint,  I love how the collage paper has these little wrinkles in it..... it makes the journal cover look more older and well loved! 

The Ribbon is just tied around the middle so I can then add my papers as I go.... or take them out... I didn't want to sew these ones in or put holes in my cover to tie.... The ribbon is just some seam binding that I have coloured with my Distress Ink pads and some Amsterdam Acrylic Ink in the deep gold.... Yum.

I love how this turned out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment - I really do appreciate it:-)