August 1, 2010

Magnolia Down Under Challenge #57

Good Morning, today is Sunday and time for a new Magnolia Down Under Challenge, this week we are celebrating the Boss Lady's Birthday sooooo you guessed it, it's a

BIRTHDAY THEME

How fabby is that??  and an easy one too, I mean gosh how many birthday cards do you make??  I think just about everyone I do is a Birthday one!! hehehehehehe  Ok so here is my card, I have been checking out some of the other fantastic card markers out there and I've taken a little bit of inspiration from a bunch of people..... 


Ok So I love how miss Blondie (Kylie K) puts a Big Satin White Ribbon on her card - they look totally Awesome!! Ooooo and Kylie also likes to use a bit of a swirl here and there!!! I love how Jodie (Jodie from Oz) does her flowers - so there's a bit of copycat thing going on... and Have you seen Kim Piggott??  OMGOSH her cards are a work of art, and I love how she loves to pop sparkly bits everywhere and of course a bit of sponging around the outside of the image!!! Oh and then there's the Boss Lady aka Kellie - Kellie loves Kraft and so do I, and Kellie told me that I would fall in love with the new Magnolia Doohickey Tag and Lace - guess what Kel, YOUR RIGHT - Lurv them:-)

and here is a bit of a close up so you can see my bits of bling and what nots!!!! Thanks for popping by!!!


Paper: Kraft (Of course) and My Minds Eye
Stamps: Magnolia Tilda with Wedding Presents - Wedding Collection 2010 (Stamped by Blondie - Thanx hun) Stampin' Up Swirl, Butterfly, and Sentiment
Embellishments: www.iamroses.com roses, Kindy Glitz, Crystal Effects, Magnolia Doohickey's Tag and Tilda's Lace available at Tickled Pink Stamps, Flower Fillers from Bizzy Bec's, Ribbons, White Gel Pen
Colour: Watercoloured with Distress Inks, Distressed with the same ink, Versamark and Stazon







12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous darling. And yes I try and make a lot of birthday cards too as you can never have too many LOL.
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh Karen - gorgeous!! I love all of the detail! Amazing work and a perfect birthday card!
    Hugs
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen it is gorgeous you have made all the bits of styles your own. I think that we all end up picking up on everyones styles after a while. Now I think I might have to break out my magnolia's (only own 3 though)and start joining in these challenges. Hugs from Bron xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is gorgeous Karen. Bron beat me to it. I was going to say, you've taken a bit of this and a bit of that and made it your own. Stunning work. Hugs xo Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful!! I just discovered that tag die cut!! Have to get one..

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card--Tilda looks gorgeous! I love the swirly edges and how you've used the new lace and tag dies!
    Hugs,
    April

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is totally gorgeous Karen! LOVE the images you've stamped onto the tag - it's taken it to another level.
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen, Your card is so pretty, the image is a new fave, so perfect for so many gift giving occasions, the colours are beautiful and your colouring amazing, along with the fabulous details and design. A wonderful take on the challenge and so much inspiration for all joining MDUC this week. hugs Jodie from Oz xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops I forgot to thank you for the flower mentions, you are so sweet, thanks heaps.... hugs Jodie from Oz xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Taz. Love all the swirls and glitter. You've made this card your own with some inspirations from others. Love it!!

    Hugs, Kylie ox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Karen, this is gorgeous! You really do love that kraft card dont you ;oD I love that image and the flowers are perfect. I love that tag, I so need some type of cutting machine, especially with all these cute maggie bits and pieces. Hugs xoxo Peta

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fabulous challenge this week - your card is just great with this Tilda - love the DP too - well done xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment - I really do appreciate it:-)