August 22, 2010

Magnolia Down Under Challenge #60

Good Morning Magnolia Fans!!  Well this is a bit different for me, playing along with the other side of the Design Team, but they had such a fabby and Crazy Challenge that I just had to join in!!

So this week at Magnolia Down Under its a Colour Challenge:

ORANGE, PINK, GREEN, BLUE and BROWN

WOW, what a combination huh???  Its actually rather easy when you think about it, because you would most likely use those colours in your colouring of Tilda or Edwin anyway and the rest is up to you on how much of each colour you actually use!!

So My Orange in in Tilda's Shirt and my Orange Rose, Pink is on Tilda's Wings and my Paper, Green is for my Leaves!!, Blue is on Tilda's Jeans and on my message spot tag, Brown is in Tilda's Hair, her bag and I used Brown Card stock as a base for my pretty pink paper!!

Ok so its the first time I've made a circle easel card, and gosh they are fun! But I did manage to some how muck it up a bit and it looks a little off center??  I must have folded my base card a bit crooked??  I dunno but I'm still really really happy with it!! 

I've also decided to squeeze my card into lots of challenges, because well that's fun  too!!  So I've used the Sketch over at Tickled Pink Stamps Monthly Challenge, Totally Tilda wants Stitching - which is around the outside of my pink paper and on my base image piece!!, Bizzy Bec Creatalious Challenges is after Vintage - I think I covered that!! and also Bizzy Bec's August Challenge is Anything Goes!! and The Pink Elephant have a receipe challenge of Ribbon and Sparkles...... So I fit for that one too!! I was going to go for Lollypop Ladies Brand new challenge - Banana Split with Sprinkles but I was a little bit too late for that one.... oh well!!

and here is my card:


Here is a close up of my Shopping Tilda!!  Isn't she cute... so cute??  Kylie K (Blonde) sent her to me and oh my I love her to bits!!  I've used a bit of Gold Glimmer Mist on my flowers and on my base for Tilda - so pretty in real life.  I've also used a tonne of Kindy Glitz on Tilda's wings!!! 


Ok so this one is of the message spot, its the Recipe Card from a little yummy for your tummy collection!!  and I coloured my Tag Blue, and smothered it with Crystal Effects to make it stand out a bit more!!


Thanks for dropping by and checking out my card!!

Paper: Kraft, Choc, Very Vanilla Card stock and Prima Papers
Embellishments: roses, leaves, bling buckle, velvet ribbon, lace, Kindy Glitz, Crystal Effects, Pink Ribbon, Button, Gold Glimmer Mist and Machine Stitching
Stamp: Magnolia Shopping Tilda 2008, Magnolia Recipe Card - a Little Yummy for Your Tummy Collection 2009
Coloured: Water coloured with Distress Inks

Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. Very pretty Karen, Once you start with easel cards thats it you will want to do more and more. Love the card very cute.
    ~Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is Stunning Karen.. Love it all.. Bec xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a stunning card! Great idea to you use the recipe card! Love it!

    Have a great Sunday, big Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a wonderfull card! Really lovely!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen this is gorgoeus! I love these circle easels (I havent tried one yet :oD) Love the image you have used LOVE that blingy buckle on the ribbon, love everything! hugs xoxo Peta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen!! A really beautiful card! I love the circle easel card. And the colours are just gorgeous for you too!
    Hugs
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS job Karen - these colours would have scared me off - but you gals - WOW!!! Totally awesome!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! I got here!! Hehehe :) I always have the same problem with my circle easel ards being of center but I think thats because I stick them on wonky.. should probably stop drinking while crafting, bahahaha!!Anyways... love your card, you have incorperated the colours in such a fabulous way and really made an intimidating (it was for me) colour combo easier to work with. It's a fabulous inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just adorable! I love the colors and all the sparkle. Thanks for joining us at TPE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A truly beautiful card Karen. The colours looks amazing together. I have yet to do a round easel card. You've inspired me to give one a go. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your circle easel card Karen - they are so much fun - so glad you could join us with your inspiring work - a fabulous card and you've used the colours well.xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable card! Love it!

    Thanks for playing along with Totally Tilda!

    ReplyDelete
  13. GORGEOUS,so much beautiful detail!!! Thanks for joining us at Bizzy Becs!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. great circle easel card thanks for joining us at the Totally Tilda challenge this time hope you'llcome back tomorrow for the next challenge
    Hugs Susie & the DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. O so super cute!! I love her almost baby chubby bottom in this stamp...lol. Great job with this circle easel! Thanks for joining us at Bizzy Bec's this month
    Hugs Leonie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi
    wow this is an amazing project, thanks for ljoining us at Creatalicious.
    Hugs Kaylou xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely LOVE this Karen, it's so girlie and vintage all in one and looks stunning! Thanks chica for joining TPS this month!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome card Karen, I love the frilly note card on the base, so clever and practical! Thanks so joining the TPS challenge this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is fabulous Karen!! I love the velvet and gorgeous buckle over that shabbilicious lace and the lovely Tildas backside has never looked better!! Thanks so much for joining us at TPS Monthly!!
    stephanne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment - I really do appreciate it:-)