December 23, 2011

White on White La La Land for Christmas Eve Eve!!

Ok so it's not a Christmas card, but how stinkin' cute is Marci with Guitar???

It's Inspirational Friday at La La Land, and this week we are going a little bit white, well actually white on white, no added colours except for your image, how FUN... well I did have an awesome time making this one:-)

I've cut my base circles with my Cricut, then I used my newly acquired Spellbinder Grand Calibur to cut out my Marianne D die and then I embossed it!! (It never really worked for me before in my big shot) then I have cut another circle from a nestie, and embossed it with a cuttlebug die, this I used my big shot for, because, I wasn't sure on how to layer up my sandwich for the cuttlebug folders... anyway doesn't matter I can use my Big Shot for that stuff.  So here is stinkin' cutie patootie, Marci with Guitar, I hope you love her as much as me:-) 


Ooooo now before I forget, I do have a ripper of a tip for you all.  See that awesome butterfly die - Marianne D one... well I don't use it very often because I guess it's real shitty trying to get those bits of paper out of the die.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ANYWAY I read somewhere, and I can't remember WHERE now... sorry.... but if you use some baking paper between the die and the paper you actually want cut out, then your in for a much easier cutting situation!! BUT I did have to roll my die through 2 times, for it to cut all the way through, the baking paper and the card stock.  So I hope you find this little bit of a hint rather handy.... I know I sure did!!!

Ok so back to the card, I've glittered up my fancy butterfly, stuck on some half pearls and whacked on some pretty white flowers, bling and stickles!!!!! The flower right at the very top, is a Kaiser Craft Resin flower, they are only new out.  I've used it to hide my brad, which I have used to attach the back circle:-)

Anyway, I know you guys will have heaps of fun making some White on White cards over Christmas:-) Make sure you add all what you make with your La La Land Crafts into the customer Gallery - you could be this months winner:-) 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, so pretty this stamp, and I love that all white background!! Hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow fabulous card and stunning design!!!!! Happy new year and Best wishes for 2012!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment - I really do appreciate it:-)