March 16, 2013

Getting Sketchy

Hi there Everyone

Its time for another awesome sketch at Sketchy Challenges, and this fortnight the sketch has been designed by Jane!!

For my card this week, I have used some Distress Inks.... I actually Water coloured... OMG it has been so long since I used my DI's.... and well past attempts have been shocking, and ended up in the bin! But today it actually worked out ok... well - its too good for the bin hahahaahah  I think the last time I tried to use my DI's was about 6 months ago... so I am most pleased with out it turned out!!


So there you go, I used the Peacock Feather DI for the main of the image, and tattered Rose and Antique Linen kinda mixed together for her Skin.  I used Walnut stain for her hair, and to add a little darker spots here and there, I added a touch of black soot!  The ears and Tail are in Worn Lipstick and Tattered Rose.  My background is weathered wood:-) I added some Frantage to my Doo Hickey leaf die cut the colour is Shaved Ice... 

Here is Jane's sketch, we hope you will come along and play:-)
Thanks for Looking!!


2 comments:

  1. So pretty work. Your colouring is fantastic. The touch with the rose and yellow flowers makes card so attentive. Elena F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just beautiful karen! such a sweet image...stunning colouring. i love the whole design :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment - I really do appreciate it:-)