January 28, 2014

Doo Hickey Dies Only!!

Hey Everyone!!

It's time for a new challenge at Magnolia Down Under.  This fortnight's theme on the blog is Doo Hickey Dies Only.... no images!!

I tell you it really was so much fun playing with my dies, deciding on what I wanted to do!  So here is my tag, I hope you all love it as much as me:-) 


I'll tell you a little about how I created my tag.  I used Water Colour paper for my orchids and Butterfly.  I then dabbled a little of Distress Ink on them in the middle and the edges... then spritzed with water.  I kept on going until I had the right amount of colour... started off with just a tiny bit and then built it up.  While my flowers and butterfly were drying, I shaped them.  Glued the flowers together and then I sprinkled a tiny bit of Old Gold Frantage in the middle.  I wanted the raised bumpy speckles in the middle.  I've tried using Liquid pearls before, but my dots end up massive and sooooo not what I wanted!! I also put a little frantage on the butterfly.

All my cuts are made with Magnolia Doo Hickey Dies. I really am so happy with how it turned out, and I am a little disappointed that the true colours didn't come out in the photo.  So I am seriously thinking of getting a Photo tent.... anyway.... 

We can't wait to see what you make with your dies, and don't forget that our brand new Facebook challenge is still running with the Sketch theme.  


1 comment:

  1. Do I like it!?!?!? No, I absolutely ADORE it!!!! Incredible work sweetie - gorgeous colours and your orchids are amazing! hugs, Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment - I really do appreciate it:-)