February 16, 2012

Paper Play Critters

Hi Everyone, this week at Paper Play challenges we are looking for Critters.... how cute!!  Apparently, this is the definition of a Critter 


1. A Critter is a living animal 
2. usually a domestic animal - horse - mule - cow.... 
3. A person ???? Mmmm that one is kinda interesting isn't it?


In Thailand, although I can't be 100% for sure, because I haven't been there, but .... Elephants are kinda Domesticated... aren't they??? They use Elephants for all sorts of things there:-)   Anyway that's my excuse for using an Elephant as a Critter.... it's just a very large critter!!! Here is my card I hope you love it as much as me!!


My image is from Magnolia - Tilda and Edwin's Pet Animal.... cute huh?  I don't have any of these animal ones but I do love this Elephant.  My Balloon is from the Your so Special Collection and it's one that I have chopped out after stamping the Balloon (the stamp is actually a bunch of balloons that you use for a background) Anyway then I threaded up some yummy The Twinery Twine and sewed it on to the paper so that it looks like the Elephant is holding the string!! That bit turned out really great I think!! The Paper is from My Minds Eye and the Black with the dots is some really cool Washi tape I got from Ebay:-)  Thanks for looking and as always we can't wait to see what you make this week:-)

Hugs

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Karen. Love what you created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super cute card! Love the image and colors you used! I have a birthday candy on my blog btw! Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is super amazing coloring of your "Critter" .... Did you use Copics? Love how you've gotten everything to blend so wonderfully ...
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a gorgeous card Karen. I love the colours you've used and the details also. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous card, very cute image and beautifully coloured in.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment - I really do appreciate it:-)