April 24, 2017

Art - because I said so!

 Hey There...

Today I have another scrapbook layout, but this one is a little different. I totally ventured into Mixed Media for this one... and it is a little bit messy but its Art.... why? because I said it was LOL

This photo is of our new kitten, Bonnie. She is a British Short hair and she is completely Blue! We love her, she is just so cute, funny and unlike any other cat I've ever had! She is also just a wee bit naughty too!


So I really don't know what I am doing with Mixed Media Art, but I am learning and making a bunch of mistakes at the same time. Its all good though and heaps of fun! 

I thought I would be brave and enter my layout into a couple of challenges. The first one is 
Mixed Media Place. and this is the mood board for my inspiration.


So I guess my inspiration came from the blue water, the soft grey, white shoes with the cut outs and dark blue, with a little green and pink sprinkled. to find out more about the Mixed Media Place challenge click on the link!

The next challenge I want to enter is Lindy's Stamp Gang April colour challenge - lucky me but these two challenges seem to work together!!  This is Lindy's Stamp Gang colour challenge and you can find all the information about it by clicking on the links!


I don't have a lot of pink or green in my layout but the other colours are there:-) To follow the rules of the challenge here are some links to the Lindy's Stamp Gang store with some of the products I used to create my work.


Wow... that's a lot of blue, and pretty much the only colour I have in sprays lol except for a couple of pinks and a purple. I do have all the new magical shakers though.... so pretty!

Here is a list of the others bits and bobs I used to create my page:

Finnabair Art Basics - Modeling Paste in Opaque Matt
Finnabair Art Ingredients Micro beads - Black
Nuvo Embellishment Mousse - Indian Gold
Nuvo Crystal Drops - Navy Blue 
Dina Wakley Media Acrylic Paint - Night
Dina Wakley Media Stencil - Big Leafy
Dylusions Ink Spray - White Linen
Cosmic Shimmer - Diamond Frost
Blue Fern Studios Chipboard - Diamonds
Scrapmatts chipboard - cat and title
Cotton 3 ply thread
Flowers are Prima, Kasier, I am Roses
Prima metal frame
Gems from broken jewellery

Thanks for taking the time to check out my work :-)



8 comments:

  1. Amazing layout! Love the texture at the background! And thank you for joining Lindy's color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your background is incredible and the picture is so cute! Thank you for joining at Lindy's this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, and so sweet, the cat on the picture! Love your creation. Thank you for joining Lindy's color challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow wow wow Amazing creation thanks for playing with MMP and Lindy's challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUch gorgeous work. LOVE what you have done here. Thanks for playing along with us at Lindy's challenge. 😄🌺

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your stunning layout. Thanks for playing along with Mixed Media Place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layoute!! Thanks for playing with MMP!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and sweet layout!
    Thanks for playing along with Mixed Media Place.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment - I really do appreciate it:-)